Instagram

Friday, November 16, 2012

Student Teacher Projects

You caught me. I haven't been updating as much as I should be. Here is my lame attempt at an excuse. Over the last several weeks, I have been busy volunteering to help with our school's new running club two days a week. We have 60 4th and 5th graders working on their distance running skills. It has been a great opportunity to get a little more exercise and connect with students outside of the classroom. We are building up to run the 4 mile "Flying Feather" race on Thanksgiving morning. 

I also haven't had many of my own projects to post lately due to the fact that I was working with a student teacher for seven weeks. I'm using this post to show off some of the projects that she did with my students. This is the second year in a row I've had a student teacher and I find that I enjoy it. It is a nice change of pace and it allows me to take a look at my own teaching practices. 

Op Art by 5th Grade - A colored background with a sheet of acetate over the top. The two pieces
are attached with a brad in order to allow the top to spin to create the optical illusion.

Origami Crane Mobile by 4th Grade - A beautiful multi-colored mobile.

Octopus/Chameleon Color Wheels by 3rd Grade - A watercolor picture that includes a color changing
animal. A separate color wheel was made and attached behind the cut out animals using a brad. The
color wheels could be spun to make it look like the animals were actually changing colors!

Multi-Media Fall Scene by 2nd Grade - A fall scene using oil pastel, watercolor, tempera, and chalk pastel.

Cave Art by 1st Grade - Oil pastel animals and tempera hand prints for this one. 

No comments: